Total Pageviews

Friday, May 27, 2011

The Blue Nile - Charm of the Third Kind

So its 3:00pm. Me and Quality (bad grammar) are driving on 94-west toward Minneapolis on our way to meet an old friend of mine named Shawnee. For some reason though... Shawnee would rather be called Montell...So I do. Quality and me (bad grammar again) are coming from this Highschool in Osseo. We were teaching a Radio and Television class by way of this program called ICanU created by a man named Alan "Sparky" Starks but, im not gonna get into that right now because I have an opinion about all of that which would throw me way off mark.
We get to the library and meet Montell in a quiet spot around 4:00... And I have a meeting with Susan at 5:30.

Introducing the two of those guys was really cool. We talked music, life, ambitions, soul food and the like up until about 5:30 and met up with Susan who was coming out of Uptown traffic. She told me about some possible job/career leads and stuff as the four of us sat down at the Pizza diner across the street from Fifth Element. an hour later, we found ourselves at Intermedia Arts listening to this poetry show thrown by Guante. Which made me feel pretty angry because of the Video I'm currently editing for The Canvas got messed up and I have to start all over... Guess I just have to have faith in my strategic mind.
Well its late... We find ourselves just outside Intermedia arts after being pretty blown away by the performances and trying to figure out how to proceed with the rest of the night. Montell, Quality and me are trying to figure out if we can get to the Blue Nile by 9:30 - when its already 9:11 - In time for me to sign up if we have Susan drop us off downtown at Johns car. She tells us we probably wont make it unless she drops us off at the Blue Nile directly.
As we are riding there, Me in the passenger seat and my entourage in the backseats im just thinking about not thinking about anything... I want to test my theory to blow away the Blue Nile tonight. Well...at least do better than the last time...
The plan was to just kind of...become one with the Blue Nile in a way. Kind of... Surrender to the energy and...let things do as they please... So we head to the gas station (Holiday) to get some (inexpensive) drinks:

Me:This is Quality
Cashier girl: LOL
Me: He's a producer
Cashier: Oh really? what kind of music do you make?
Quality: Wel...
Me: We're about to perform at the Blue Nile across the street
Cashir: oh nice! Are you guys performing together?
Me: Nah. This is Montell And I go by O.D and this Quality, and your Cindy, and together we're The Fucking Awesome's.
Cashier Girl Cindy: *Laughs
Montell: Wow...
Quality: *Turns red
Me: Well we'e gonna head back now.
Cashier Girl Cindy: How long are you guys gonna be around here?
Me: Oh I dont know...A while.
Cashier Girl Cindy: huh?
Me: We'll be back.
Cashier Girl Cindy: Ok.

I hate waiting to perform. Its sometimes a little nerve-wrecking watching the acts before you. Quality and Montell chillin in the back while I kind of pace around in and out of crowds waiting for Desdamona to arrive with the sign up sheet. I stopped and talked with Desdamona a little bit when she came over and asked her a little about "Giant Steps"which Susan was telling me about earlier. Desdamona happens to be apart of Giant Steps. Well anyway:

"#14 __ O.D"

Since My performance wasnt for about an hour down the list, on account of each performance is at least 4-5 minutes (multiplied by 13 performers before me) we decide to hop on the lightrail and travel into the city to get Quality's Car. As we're leaving Desdamona stops me with two soundset tickets in hand.

"Here you guys go."

"Woah.."

"Just make sure you guys come!"

"Hell yeah!"

"Im serious, if you dont come im gonna hunt you down. You better be there, I dont care if you have to hitchhike."

"Im sure we'll be able to ride with Susan or something."

Everyone laughs.

"You guys better be there, Im gonna be looking for you!"

"I'll be looking for you."

"Ah man... thank you so much Des... I'd could hug you right now yo...man..."

No comments:

Post a Comment