Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Scatterbrain - Gotta Make Some Money Man...

I gotta start making some moves yo!
I mean.. everything is okay right now but... If I suddenly became homeless what would I do?
Say my dad kicks me out for some reason, because I “am” 20 now, he COULD just put me the fuck out... Its May 17th, Im scheduled for Graduation in June... So... like... 4 weeks left of Highschool. So my dad puts me out. Phone gets turned off...

Hold Hold Hold on...
If I wanted to make a living off my art... On some sword for Hire shit... Lets see... Wake up in the morning. 6:00am... Meditations and Shower and exercise and stuff as usal. Breakfast and feed the cats.. Ok... then... Clean up the house. Ok...
Networking:
Yahoo... G-mail... Then music sharing stuff/blog, Twitter... Facebook... Well how about like.. I Get like Reverbnation, Soundcloud, ...and one more music thingy to post on. So Do that for an hour at 8:00... Look for shows to attack in different ways: Photography (For Artists Profiles, like 30$ bucks a pic), Cinematography (for the venue... like $70 bucks a vid) , Graphic Design (flyers, $20 bucks a promo)... And my own shows as well: getting paid like $40 bucks a gig. But also like, contests, Programs, community organizing/organization stuff.
Um....
Photography ($90 a month), Cinematography ($290 a month), Graphic Design (hmm...), Performances ($200 a month) = $480. Most rent is gonna be at least $500 bucks though so... I'll be broke. Damnit...
Well I'm still at my dad's place for like... a couple more months, or I could move in with my brother or something... for the purpose of saving up like $3200 bucks... which is 8 months... And THEN getting my own place... but I still wont be able to beat the curve... eventually that $3200 dollars will be eaten up by electricity, phone, internet, food etc.... Therefore... I need to find a part time gig. Like Guante, working at the Canvas.
If minimum wage is like, $7.20 an hour... 8 hours a week... 7 days a week (if possible)... thats rounded to like $400 bucks a week... like $1200 - $1600 a month? Fuck... I dont want to work a A Mickey d's joint... or a K-mart... Eww...
Coffee Spot, Rec Center, School?
Need a Job... But I want ample time to live too!...
Maybe there's like some kind of paying internship at a radio station like KMOJ or some kind of Video or Graphic Design spot around the cities? Come on Demetrius think! Think... think...
think...
...okay...
Voices Merging... I Can U... Studio 4... Film School thing that susan and Phil we're talking about last month... um... um... um... um... uh.... Odd jobs... uh... fuck... uh... Come on demetrius... Maybe I should just try the part time job for now. But Im not cutting my hair... FUCK! I have a problem with authority... Especially bullies... Come on...
Maybe... Just some kind of department store like Family Dollar or Walgreens... Man im gonna get fired. Because If A show comes up that I have to go to... Im gonna go to it!
Alright calm down... Beats... Sell beats... naw...
I Have friends... Make a... Make a team... a band... a collaborative. Shit... we'll have to split the money equally... Fuck... how do we beat the curve?
um... okay... I see... an Apartment. There's 3 of us... 4 of us... We're a band... 3 Bedrooms... Thats probably like $800-$900 bucks depending on the place right? Plus an extra $400 for food and electric stuff and heat in the winter stuff so $1300-1400 bucks a month.... Tops.
The emcee (Thats me). He rocks the mic and networks emcee's, producers, promoters.... The Rap Contests and stuff. How does he make money? …..
….
We'll get back to that.
Okay, The Producer. He's a DJ. So Weddings, Clubs, community events. He compete's at beat battles and makes beats for Rappers, Singers, and other people that the Emcee brings in. Maybe even like... TV Shows and stuff. So his gig is like DJ's and makin beats and soundtracks.
So next we have the model/singer chick. She's like the communications person. She works with the emcee to Network both offline (at events) and online (facebook, twitter etc.) by seeing if people want flyers, photoshoots, videoshoots, or performances at their places. And of course she does like... Photography (maybe) and Her own Modeling stuff.
The last cat is the... I was gonna say musician but... Any of us could learn some instruments and I already play the Piano so...thats nothing special... Should the fourth cat be like the Part-time job keeper? Should he even exist at all? Could just be the three of us...
AAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!
I wish I had an expert to tell me my/our options and what to do from here...

No comments:

Post a Comment